Friday, April 21, 2006

Great News!

Thanks to all of you, my colleagues this afternoon gave me the Ralph Vigoda Award for journalism. This is an Inquirer award named after one of our former colleagues, a kind-hearted and diligent journalist who died prematurely. We all miss him and to honor him, our newspaper gives an award each month to a reporter who exemplifies his fine qualities.

I'm not sure whether Ralph had a clean desk or not -- he worked in our Conshohocken office and I'm in Philadelphia. But I know he brought a rabbit into work. No further comment!

Anyway, they picked me! I am thrilled and I want to thank you, the readers of the paper and of this blog for all your help. When I gave my acceptance speech, I said how wonderful our readers are and they truly are. So thank you. Sorry this sounds delirious. I am extremely happy and excited about this honor. Thanks again.

1 Comments:

Blogger CScott said...

Congratulations Jane! I'm so glad to see you getting the recognition you deserve. You have every reason to be proud.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home